05 July 2009

4th of July

I hope everyone had a very fun and safe holiday! My holiday was spent relaxing on the beach all day, bbq-ing with good people, and enjoying the American Pride atmosphere. Side from the seaweed infested waters and sea lice, the beach was home to many washed up creatures yesterday, and to my amazement, were all still alive. Tommy, Wes, and I spent that 30 minutes saving all the ones we could by putting them back into the ocean while meeting and naming them before we said our goodbyes.

Meet Larry.

Meet Larry's brother, Steve.


There were also tons of sand dollars that were alive. I've never been able to see one alive and it is quite different. Their 'fur' really threw me off.

After our adventures and life rescues, we roasted some marshmallows while patiently waiting for the fire works to begin.

An eventful and memorable fourth of July.

Love,
Kèra

No comments:

Post a Comment